In 1997 the Trust became owners of Lytham Hall, with the Heritage Trust for the North West taking over the management of the Hall in 1998.
The Lytham Hall estate was the property of the Clifton family from 1606 until 1963, when it was bought by Guardian Royal Exchange. Part of the estate was developed for housing and the Hall was refurbished and used by GRE for offices and as a training centre.
In 1996 the Hall, in about 80 acres remaining of the estate, was put up for sale. Lytham Town Trust opened negotiations with Guardian, and the Friends of Lytham Hall was formed to provide support and to assist in fund raising. The purchase was assured when British Aerospace made a very generous donation, and ownership was transferred to the Trust on 17th Februry 1997.
In 1998, the Heritage Trust for the North West took over management of the Hall, on a 99-year lease. The West Wing has been developed as a function suite and an application is being made to the Heritage Lottery Fund to support a major refurbishment.
The Hall is available for wedding ceremonies, private functions and organised tours and is periodically open for public events
More information can be obtained from other local charity organisations involved in supporting the community.
Heritage Trust for the North West - manages a number of properties, including Lytham Hall.
Friends of Lytham Hall - raises funds for capital projects at the Hall and provides volunteers for various activities.
Lytham Heritage Group - collects and preserves historical documents relating to the town, owns and manages the Heritage Centre, with monthly exhibitions throughout the year, and organises and mans the Windmill Museum in the summer months.
Lytham St Annes Civic Society - primarily concerned with preservation and improvement of the local built environment but also owns and manages Witch Wood, a 1km woodland walk between Lytham and Ansdell.